YOUR DREAM WINDOWS & DOORS
Always Warm, Always Secure
We’re constantly extending our range to give customers more choice in terms of style, design and colour. All of our Windows & Doors are A++ Rated and come with extended guarantees +PAS 24 Secure By Design
Explore your new windows by style
Lift & Slide
Boyne Windows & Doors have recently opened a brand-new showroom in Dublin 3, why not drop in and have a look around!
Whether you’re looking for uPVC windows, composite doors, patio doors or French doors, Boyne Windows is your best choice in Dublin. There are many reasons why we think we’re the first choice in Dublin for windows and doors, here are some…
- Steel reinforced profile – Believe it or not there are still profiles on the Irish market that are not steel reinforced. Why is steel reinforcing important? Upvc plastic expands with heat and contracts with cold. This characteristic is called the coefficient of thermal expansion. All plastic moves to one degree or another and it is very important to keep in mind when designing window frames. By inserting a steel support element into our profile enables our structure to retain its proportions in all climatic situations. It also ensures that rigid fixing points are attained when fitting.
- Marine grade stainless steel components – (Hinges, Espags, shoot-bolts) these are the main moving parts of the window system. It is imperative that they remain freely movable and do not corrode over time.
- Internally glazed beading – To this day there are 3 manufactures in Ireland still supplying externally glazed Upvc window profiles. What’s the difference? An externally glazed Upvc window profile requires that the glazing panel be inserted from the outside. This was a process that was adapted to speed up the fitting of Upvc windows on a large scale such as a new housing project. Unfortunately, there is a major flaw within this profile type. Criminal elements also became aware that the glass could be removed without triggering alarms. In the U.K there are regulations in place that prohibit the installation of externally glazed profiles, however in Ireland there is no regulation in place. Suffice to say that Boyne Windows & Doors ONLY supply internally glazed Upvc window profiles.
- Security – We will be the first to admit that there is no such thing as a Burglar Proof Window system. However, there are added enhancements that limit or delay a burglar from entering your home via a window sash opening. At Boyne Windows & Doors we spec our windows as standard with the following
Shoot-bolts that interlock vertically into the steel reinforced frame.
Hinge claws are positioned on the hinged side of the sash and interlock into the steel reinforced frame.
Bidirectional espags interlock into a receptacle mounted onto, once again the steel reinforced frame.
- Glass – This is the most important element of a new window system and yet it is overlooked due to a lack of awareness within the consumer sphere. NOT All GLASS IS THE SAME, it might be transparent and look the same, however there are properties instilled at the forming process that label the thermal efficiency of the finished product. Below is a list of properties that we specify for our glazing units.
- Low E coating – Low-E glass has many advantages: The Low-E coating reflects heat back to its source, so it helps your home stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. The coating won’t scratch off because it is applied to the inside of the glass. It helps protects against UV fading of any nearby furniture. Learn more about Low- E glass here.
- Argon Gas – Energy rating of thermal insulation glass improved. Double glazing window energy efficiency can be further increased by substituting dehydrated air with an inert gas, such as argon, xenon or krypton within the unit. Argon, which has 34% lower thermal conductivity than air, is the most commonly used.
- Warm Edge Spacer Bar – The panes of glass in any window whether double glazed or triple glazed must be held apart at the appropriate distance by a ‘spacer’ bar. Many manufacturers started using metal spacer bars. However, unfortunately metal, which conducts heat, transferred the heat from the inside of a building outside through this spacer bar, thereby reducing the benefits of improved glazing. In addition to the increased heat loss, the colder edge is more prone to condensation.
- Thermal Insulation – The majority of window profiles on the market offer a 3 or 5 chamber system. Basically, this act like a honeycomb within the frame profile trapping dead air and creating an insulation barrier. By adding a foam insulation property to third chamber enhances the overall U-value of the combined units (Glass efficiency + Frame efficiency)
NOW THE MOST CRITICAL ELEMENT FOR CONSIDERATION WHEN PURCHASING NEW WINDOWS
THE FITTING PROCESS
There are certain installation steps that must be adhered to get the best possible fit. This combined with the use of quality ancillaries (Fixtures, Foams and sealants) will ensure that you gain the maximum efficiency out of your new window and doors.
A badly fitted window will eradicate all the performance value listed above and impact upon your home energy costs negatively. Each window project is assessed by our expert surveyor to ensure we develop the best solution to yield the maximum efficiency for you the customer.
Your new windows & doors are custom made to suit your home perfectly
Visit Our Showroom
23 Marino Mart – Fairview – Dublin 3
Boyne Windows & Doors
Free, no-obligation appointment
You can meet our expert local consultants face-to-face and discuss your requirents